This is a post from a good friend of mine about his thoughts on the Trayvon Martin situation. I know this site is dedicated to leadership, but part of being a leader is how you process various situations. I like this beacause of the content but also because of the format. It allows the writer to illustrate their thought process and invites you to join in with them. I hope you enjoy and look forward to your thoughts as well.
1. Catharsis … the discharge of pent-up emotions so as to result in the alleviation of symptoms or the permanent relief of the condition.
2. I can’t seem to shake the feelings I have around the Trayvon Martin tragedy
3. The death of Trayvon Martin is a senseless tragedy.
4. The death probably could have been avoided
5. and culpability probably lies in the middle with both sides needing to be held accountable
6. However, the fact that a 17 year UNARMED teen being murdered is completely ridiculous
7. ANYWHERE and ANYTIME…not just in Trayvon’s case…but all over the globe.
8. This is Trayvon Martin…
8. Or is this Trayvon Martin…
9. Does it matter?
10. I mean maybe it does… perception is reality….right?
11. And isn’t that where the real issue lies?
12. George Zimmerman is probably proud to be head of the…
View original post 1,003 more words